Friday, May 2, 2008

Getting older

So today's the day. I'm closer to 30 than 20. This is the first birthday I can honestly say I've freaked out a little about. Not that there ever was any going back, but I just feel like there's no going back. Somehow, 26 is ADULT. No more young adult. No more recent college grad. I'm a full-fledged, tax-paying, 5-day-a-week working ADULT. Not that I haven't been some of these things for a while, but I'm making a point here. So to all of you younger than me, watch out, 26/closer to 30 than 20/ADULThood is coming. To all of you older than me ... sucks for you!* (But I still love you anyways.)**

*Does not include parental units.
** Does include parental units.

4 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

26 didn't bother me as much as 27...'late 20s'. Aaaackk!

Meaghan said...

Happy Birthday RED!!! You're still a spring chicken, so don't you worry about it! I'm going to be 28 in November and that sounds a little scary to me...

BTW, thanks for including the "parental units."

Kristin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope its a great one, Steph!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! When I hit 28 I shall cry.