Wednesday, September 9, 2009

So says the stars

I'm not into the whole horoscope thing, but occasionally when I have to do the page they're on, I'll read mine. Today's made me laugh.

TAURUS (April 20-May 20) -- Don't hesitate to respond to demands being made on your leadership qualities; you function best when things are placed on your shoulders. You're a doer who knows how to get things done.

With our art director out, I'm holding down (or at least attempting to hold down) the fort at work. I worked 11 hours today, and about to go to bed "early" to do it again tomorrow. I've been doing my normal page load, in addition to putting together a marketing magazine, overseeing a 12-page fashion supplement, continuing the "photo editor" gig, preparing for ... something you'll see soon ... and today had a few other random things thrown at me last-second.

But don't think I'm complaining, because I'm not. I love being needed. And it's been a long time since I've been "in charge," and it feels good. I'm sure I'll be ready for the break when things go back to normal, but for now, it's ...

GAME. ON.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

I love it.

It's such a rush, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Enjoy the craziness!!

Meaghan said...

U R made for this!