I'm stealing this from Meaghan, who stole it from Nicole. A list of 10 things that make me happy (in random order, except No. 1):
1. When Scott is happy.
2. Catching the train just as it arrives and not having to wait.
3. I wouldn't have ever thought I'd commit to this making me happy, but I think living in NY makes me happy. So much to do, so much to see. And so much money to make (and consequently spend, but not frivolously...yet).
4. I'll just lump the food category together: Macaroni Grill, Chicken Pasta Supreme, Cincinnati Chili, chicken fingers, french fries. Oh and chips and ranch dip. Does the Food Network go in this category? Oh sure, why not, it's my list.
5. Getting real correspondence from real people (i.e. a blog, facebook or myspace comment, or *gasp* a real email that is not trying to convince me to enlarge the penis I don't have).
6. Visiting home and hanging out/shopping with my mom.
7. When the perfect headline just FITS.
8. Going to bed knowing the alarm won't go off in the morning.
9. Losing weight (only 5 more pounds till my planned "Things that weigh 20 pounds" post).
10. A refrigerator door that shuts itself! This may seem trivial, but trust me, after nearly two years of having to make sure the fridge door closed or risk having everything inside spoil, it's a dream come true. (Oven with knobs I can read, and even better, is digital, and dishwasher thas does not fall over when I open it are also nice perks.)
OK, so I thought of one more.
Things I thought I would love but DON'T: 1. Granite countertops. Way too easy to mess up. See: Olive oil. 2. Bamboo hardwood floors. Also way too easy to mess up. Not to mention, shows every hair the dog sheds and every piece of dirt you track in. But I'm still thankful for a nice place to live. See No. 10.
5 weeks ago