Friday, September 5, 2008

Celebration!

The Democratic/Republican conventions are OVER! Now, I'm not gonna get into politics here, being the good objective journalist that I am (at least, that's my excuse), but I'm glad for them both to be done. Conventions and later-than-10 p.m. speeches mean late nights when you work for a newspaper. Late nights for two weeks. Straight. So Republican or Democrat, I hope you got your fill, cause I know I got mine. And maybe enough for the rest of you.

Are the elections over yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! I can sympathize. Last night, we were VERY happy that it was all OVER. At least election night is only ONE night!

Jen

Meaghan said...

I guess a lot of people watch the conventions, but I'm not one of them. And as a former newspaper person who always had to work late during elections, I feel your pain!