Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Starbucks Phenomenon

Feel the need for a cup o' joe? Running short on cash? We have a solution for you — visit a church. During our church searching here in New York, we have racked up at least seven (maybe more, I've lost count) $5 Starbucks gift cards as a "thanks for visiting us" gift from churches. And those are just the ones we actually filled out welcome cards for. Apparently there is some correlation between God and expensive coffee. So the next time you need a Nonfat Caramel Vanilla Soy Mocha Latte extra cream no sugar on the rocks shaken not stirred etc. etc., find God first. He'll make it cheaper.

P.S. Somebody call me when you find a church that gives out Chick-fil-a gift cards.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Interesting marketing ploy. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Kristin said...

I love my Starbucks (did I mention J got me addicted to caffeine again??) and they love me! We know about 4 baristas there in the morning and we don't have to say our order, as it is basically done when we walk in. :(

When our kids ask us where their college fund went... we'll say it helped Starbucks buy their newest espresso maker!

Tiffany said...

Hey Steph,
I am happy for you and this blog makes me laugh! So thanks. I'm not a Starbucks fan but I do like a great Chai latte now and again.

Meaghan said...

I always knew that tall caramel macchiato was a religious experience!