Monday, November 3, 2008

Dinner & a surprise

My birthday, dinner at Mario Batali's Lupa. Scott's birthday, dinner at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. Which is where we went tonight. The thing I love about these places (besides the excellent food) is the level of service you get. But the food was also good, although Scott and I agree we enjoyed Lupa slightly more. Let's see, he had the chipotle glazed rib eye steak with a chorizo-goat cheeze tamale with thyme butter. I had the ancho-chile honey glazed salmon and mashed potatoes with cilantro pesto. Scott's piece of steak was humongous, 16 ounces, I think. Mine was tasty and the mashed potatoes were good too, although I also enjoyed Scott's tamale. Overall, a great dinner and great service. I don't think Bobby Flay was in though tonight. We didn't see him. Bummer.

Moving onto the surprise... So Scott told me yesterday that he has a surprise for me. At that point, he didn't know when it would arrive. As of today, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow via USPS. All I know is that it's something I've wanted "for a while" and that it cost less than a new car. And apparently it's a "just because" gift. I don't even have to wait for Christmas! I can't even tell you how curious I am. I'll keep you guys posted, but unfortunately tomorrow is Election Day and between standing in line for hours and working a 12-hour-plus day, I'm doubtful we'll be home to receive the package until Wednesday.

Alright, so that's dinner and the surprise. I'm off now to spend too much time uploading photos and blogging about our trip so you guys can see how great it was. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Oooh suspense!

Have a great Election Day and keep us posted.

Nicole said...

I want to know what it is!! And my mouth is drooling over the food you mentioned!