Apologies for the weird formatting you'll see in this post. Guess it's the copy/paste or something.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, baby
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He better wrap them. Even if it's just in a bath towel.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like both, but we have white for our tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nah. I already kiss him on my way out the door.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever we get around to pulling them out of the back of the closet/storage unit. Hopefully soon though, I'm in the spirit this year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (not dessert)?
Well, Honeybaked Ham is something we always had for Christmas at home. But I can't really get that up here. (I love how this question has to qualify, "not dessert." What's wrong with dessert??)
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
The year I learned about the REAL Santa, I got to stay up really late until my sister went to bed and help my parents...uh, I mean Santa...put the presents under the tree.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember exactly what year it was or how it went down, but I think I was about 8 or so?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
By hanging ornaments on it?
11. Snow, love it or hate it?
Both. I love it when I can just look at it and hate it when I have to drive or trudge to work in it. But I'm a Southern girl and we didn't see much snow, so I still get excited anytime there's a chance of it.
12. Can you ice skate?
You mean like make it around the rink without falling on my butt? Yes. But it won't be pretty.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My promise ring as teenager was a big one. The watch I got from my parents a few years ago, which I still like but needs a new battery.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Ohh, this is why I can't say desserts in the other question. Hmm...pumpkin roll is definitely up there. I'm not big on fruity pies, but they're good sometimes.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Well when Scott and I got married, we decided to start our own tradition. So each year, we shop together for a Christmas ornament. There are no parameters, it can be from the dollar store or from Saks Fifth Avenue, as long as we both love it.
Also, when I was growing up, my mom forgot to wrap one of my presents and had it downstairs, so she remembered it as we were opening gifts, and she brought it up from downstairs wrapped in a red towel. The next year I gave her a gift wrapped in a red towel. And it stuck. But now I have the red towels.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I can tell you my least favorite Christmas song: The Little Drummer Boy. I have a few favorites: O Holy Night, O Come O Come Emmanuel, and since I moved away from home, I'll Be Home for Christmas.
Are good for stirring a cup of hot tea
21. Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a Wonderful Life
22. What do you leave or Santa?
Nothing now, but I think we left milk and cookies when I was a kid. We had to bribe Santa somehow to come early, since we always were at my grandparents' house on Christmas Day.
23. Did you start any new traditions lately?
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
For my best friend to have a happy and healthy baby. For my mom's shoulder to heal well after surgery. For my family and friends to have happy Christmases.
Furnishing your home in Dakar
1 month ago