Thursday, February 25, 2010

Two years

Two years ago today, I was sitting in my apartment in Philadelphia, overwhelmed by the recent decision to move to New York and subsequent rush to find a place. I thought, if I had a blog, I'd call it Little Peach, Big Apple, cause that would be cute, no? I'll be a little Georgia peach in this rather daunting Big Apple of a city. And so I figured, why not? People will probably want to know about our lives in New York. So I sat down to write.

Two years later, this blog has been home to two sets of apartment photos, rules on what to do/not do in the city, lots of pictures, birthdays and anniversaries, some (what I would consider to be) inspired posts, and others not so much. It's brought me new friends and reconnected me with old ones, one of whom, though thousands of miles away, I'd consider among my closest. And it's forced me to look outside the blinders and see things a little differently. The "blog lens," as she called it, where you don't just take in the world, but look at it as something to share with others.

So happy 2-year anniversary to my blog, and stay tuned, there'll be lots more!

Hmm, I should have made cake...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cake, yes - but not a cake wreck!

Congrats on staking out your own little corner of the web - and staying with it.

Senegal Daily said...

I suggest a birthday cupcake from Crumbs!!

Kate Borders said...

Definitely cake.

And hilarious that you ran into someone from Shorter - that's awesome :)

Sara said...

Aww! Happy blogiversary! I'm so glad I discovered your blog, and you helped inspire me to start my own. Congrats, and I'm looking forward to more!