Monday, December 29, 2008

Catching up, Part I (Christmas)

Alright, so I've been hesitant to blog lately because all I have are photos to post. And while I know you enjoy them, they take me forever to upload. But I'm finally getting to it so you can enjoy the fruits of my labor. But not too much labor, as I'm not Photoshopping these at all in the interest of time. Make sure to check out parts II and III further down the page.

On Christmas day, Scott and I slept in and then had a nice quiet Christmas at home, just the two of us.

The presents before we dug in


I got ... new slippers


Scott got the new Batman movie on DVD


My favorite wrap job by my husband. A travel-size shower gel disguised and wrapped in a toilet paper roll.


Scott got a book


I got two pairs of really good, thick socks



Scott got a CD (Radiohead's In Rainbows)


I got ... another two pairs of socks, for a total of four pairs (these suckers are like $10 a pair, so...)


Scott gets a pair of headphones. (I didn't get a good shot of this.)

I get the first season of The Office on DVD


Scott gets an ice cream maker!



I get ... my raincoat!




And the matching galoshes


And Scott's big gift...


A really nice watch. Hard to see here, but it's stainless steel with a brown face that has diamonds at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 hours.


Look Mom! He's wrapping things in towels!


And I got the soundtrack to the movie Once, which I'm thoroughly enjoying.


The carnage


So I know it looks like I made out like a bandit, but the deal is that we set a budget, and you can buy one thing or as many things as you want within the budget. Scott had a few more gifts for me than I did for him, but it all adds up the same. He did get a few other little stocking stuffers I don't have photos of. Overall, I'd say it was a really great Christmas.

How was yours?

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

That coat and galoshes are awesome! Did Scott pick them out? If so, I am très impressed.

Thanks for posting all your pictures. I know it takes forever, so am enjoying them 'extra'.