Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Grocery shopping the lazy way

How to buy groceries when you don't feel like leaving the house.

1. Plan ahead. If you want groceries on Friday, you'll have to order by Wednesday night.

2. Go to the FreshDirect website.



3. Add items to your cart.

4. Choose a time and day for delivery.

5. Wait.



6. Accept delivery.





7. Open the boxes.



8. Unpack and put away groceries.



And because I know you want to know, the eggs come in their own plastic bag, and wrapped in foam, so they don't break in transit.



Happy shopping! Oh, wait, actually...it's probably not available if you don't live in the New York area, so, uh...you'll have to keep doing things the old-fashioned way.

4 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Jealous. I am jealous.

I love going to the markets for produce, but we have to go to three stores to get our groceries. (One for non-perishables, one for meat, one for bread.) According to all these books I read it's supposed to be charming and help you get in touch with the origins of your food. (Which is true for the markets.) But apparently those people didn't work full time as well. :)

I'm glad you found this little slice of wonderful and shared it with us. Maybe one day, I hope...

Nicole said...

It's odd, but I LOVE grocery shopping. And I have this need to touch everything before I buy it, so I don't think I would use this great option, but I'm glad you have it!

Unknown said...

Apparently there's a service offered by Giant here in Balt called "Peapod", which delivers your groceries. I really need to look into it because grocery shopping is probably one of my biggest pet peeves ever. I hate it, hate it, hate it.

Meaghan said...

Apart from wanting to pick out my own produce, I would LOVE this. With a baby, a house to clean, etc., it's tough to find time for the store! I'm jealous!