Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 random things...

There's a thing going around on Facebook where you're supposed to write 25 random things about yourself. It took me all day to do this. If you're on FB, you've seen this already probably, but if you're not, here you go. 

1. I wore sneakers to work today, even though it's against the rules.

2. I am still learning to call them sneakers instead of tennis shoes, which is the accepted term in the South.

3. I would rather eat chips and ranch dip than sweets.

4. My mom is one of my best friends.

5. I hate getting wet unless it's intentional. (aka, I almost always have an umbrella with me)

6. I'm not sure I ever want to have kids.

7. But if I do, it'd better be a cute little curly red-headed girl or I will toss it back.

8. I am nosy. I'm not sure if I'm a journalist because I'm nosy or the other way around.

9. I don't drink. I don't have anything against it (as long as you're not getting drunk), I just don't like how it tastes.

10. I've never gotten anything less than a B in a class, although I have failed a few tests in my time.

11. I've moved five times in less than five years, and I'm about to make it six moves in less than five years.

12. I'm allergic to bananas and aspartame.

13. I cannot stand to be micromanaged. But then again, I don't know many people who can.

14. I have a bad habit of chewing on my fingers. Yes, my fingers, not my fingernails.

15. My blog will be a year old on Feb. 25.

16. I much prefer Coke over Pepsi, but I'll drink it if that's all there is.

17. I can drive a stick shift, but it's been a long time.

18. I don't like coffee.

19. I don't have much of a Southern accent, even though I grew up in Georgia.

20. My bedtime is around 3 a.m.

21. I'm one of those people that needs 10 hours of sleep at night.

22. I have an innate ability for proper grammar and good spelling (although you'll never catch me claim I'm perfect).

23. When I do actually sit down to read a book, I'll read the whole thing in one or two sittings.

24. I hate scary movies. But if you can get lucky enough to convince me to watch one, it has to be in broad daylight.

25. If I didn't already have a German Shepherd, I'd want a Scottish Terrier or a Wire Fox Terrier.

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

I didn't realize sneakers are Northern! I called them that as a kid, but then 'progressed' to tennis shoes. I assumed sneakers were the kiddie word for tennis shoes. Kind of like tummy for stomach.

Interesting.