Thursday, January 15, 2009

One year, one month

One year: I don't remember the exact date we were told New York or bust, but it was around now, cause we looked for an apartment all through February. It was a really trying time for us. We didn't want to come here. We loved Philly. We loved our church there, and our friends. New York held nothing. Except work. But when it comes down to it, that's what pays the bills. Much as we tried to wiggle our way out of it, the door opened so wide, all we could do was step through it. More later as we approach a year of actually being here.

One month: One month from today we get the keys to our new place. I mentioned it before, but the new place is just down the block from here. It's 741 square feet, which is about 241 more square feet than we have now. It's in a 1-year-old high-rise luxury building. It has a walk-in closet, so Scott can actually keep his clothes in the bedroom too, stainless steel appliances, a gym and pool in the building, and a WASHER AND DRYER IN THE UNIT, which I'm totally stoked about (first thing to move in: dirty laundry). Oh, and one thing I neglected to mention before: It has a view of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building. Don't worry, I'll post photos and gloat later. :)

4 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Yes - iPhoto or not, you'd better find a way to post some pictures!

I'm so happy for you guys.

Nicole said...

That sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see photos!

Kristin said...

Your new place sounds lovely! Hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

I love Philly too, but I think you've got to hand it to the Big Apple. The greatest city on Earth.